Astro Turf Is What All Working Households Need
The world is moving forward and so are we. Along with the technological advancements, more and human necessities are being catered. Be it our office or talking about the home décor, we have gotten ourselves into the habit of letting everything look contemporary and resembling repose. For this, we have not only fabricated but have also out to use scads of things and surrogates. Talking of surrogates, synthetic grass has seen to be taking over the nations. The greener the better logos are pretty much nowadays talking in favour of astro turfs.
What is astro turf?
Widely swapped for real grass, astro turf is a synthetic faux grass that is primarily used at the playgrounds and sports fields. However, with increasing publicity of this, it now being used in residential lawns and private gardens as well. Made out of synthetic fibres, these artificial grass look lofty in quality and very much akin to actual grass. Basically, astro turf is a veneer or cladding of synthetic grass and is required to be laid down over the desired area.
How it is used?
As aforesaid, it comes in the form of a cladding or blanket of imitation grass and has to be laid over the required area. However, getting it done right does not requires any special flair and in fact can be done in a pretty facile manner.
- Uproot the existing turf (if any).
- In case of real grass, expunge them off the surface entirely.
- Dig properly the and press it down until you have a smooth and levelled surface.
- Lay down a skin of rocks or make the surface of the soil covered with concrete. Make sure the concrete surface is consistent and lacks bumps.
- Now lay the blanket the of synthetic or astro turf and nail it down.
- In case a wider or large area has to be covered, join the sheets if synthetic grass from end to end and then nail it down sternly into the concrete.
- Once done, spread a thick layer of sand over the entire region. This will hold the synthetic grass claddings in place and make them lasting.
No professionalism or expertise is required in laying down astro turf. A bit of hard work and they go a long way; much longer than the real grass.
Why artificial grass?
Prolly this question has been lingering in your mind, but now it’s time to answer it off. Real grass might sound better to some but the rationale behind the proliferating synthetic grass holds practical sense behind.
- It needs little to absolutely no nurturing. They not only go a long way but also do not grow or require trimming unlike actual grass.
- They can actually withstand footprints, especially if you own a dog. Just pull down your hose because a spray of water is all it needs for the amassed dirt to expunge out. So gone are the trails of the dirty feet.
- They do not soak water and can be walked over a myriad time. The do not retain water and hence the residents do not have to worry about the feet stooping in to the wet mud.
- This is an ideal antidote to the shady regions of the gardens; where the grass grows at a steady rate and or remains wet during rainy season or prolly frozen during winters.
- It is as easy to change a sheet of astro turf as it’s laying down is.
- This is an investment that prolongs and saves lots of penny by enabling the resident to steer clear from the requirement of a mowing and up-keeping the real grass.
To add to it, the actual grass might look green however, the synthetic, rather astro turf are greener and glassier than them.
How long do they last?
Starting with the very best quirk, the astro turf or artificial grass lasts up to 20 years along with the ‘maintenance-free’ label. They are UV stabilised and so regain their integrity and colour, season-after-season. Regular washing and cleansing of the layers can add to their life span.
So in this busy life, do not worry to own the greenest lawn in the society.; because astro turf is already waiting for you to lay your hands on them, so that they may ease your life a little. Owning a green, maintenance free garden was never meant to be strenuous. And now that this has been proven, let us gel with it to loosen up our burden.